Saturday, April 9, 2011

Bra!!

Starting a new business, to me, has it's ups and downs. Everyone seems to be on board for the most part.

Bear Dogg and Me
With starting a new business it has it's frustrations also. I am proud to say my clients have been rolling in, inquiring about prices and want pictures done. There are few that do all that and cancel the day before. Really there is only one client so far that has played me like that. She was in my first family photo shoot. Real nice lady. She called me the week after the shoot and wanted to book and shoot that same week.

The family session i did was at discount, mainly because i was going to use the pictures for advertisement. I didn't really make anything off of it. So i figure with this lady i would do the same thing. Give her the same deal i did for her friend. I didn't want them talking one day and they bring up my photo prices and one feeling like she was being ripped off. So i cut her a break. She had great ideas and eventually the day before, i contacted her and asked if we were still on for the following day. She said she would like to push it back. I told her my schedule's and we re-booked. Well the day before that rolled around and i contacted her again. Again, she said she couldn't make it. She said she would get back to me with dates and times that would work for her. Needless to say, i haven't heard a word. I have left messages and i am just feed up. It's been a month since her first initial session date, and i am half tempted to say screw it and go onto the next.

My Husband (Travis) and Me
I guess what bothers me the most is that she was at discount. I can't run a business discounting her. I am giving her til the 24th (month after her initial session) and i  will be contacting her raising the price and giving a deadline. The problem with that is. I know she is getting married and she could be a possible wedding in the future. So what should a person do? And NO! i wouldn't give her a discount on her wedding.

Like i said in my first post, i have several pending shoots. None have really happened since the first one, a month ago. Well with this push and pull i have had been doing with this client. My main support system has began to wonder about this "business". My husband. Just yesterday, i had three inquires say they would like me to take some pictures for them and their families. I was excited and  told him. His response was, "I'll believe it when i see it".  It was like an instant stab to the chest. He may not have meant it to be hurtful, but it did. I later facebook'd, "I need support like i  need a great fitting bra... but how come all i can find is my bra?" I know it's funny. I had many "likes" and girlfriends commenting, but it wasn't the same as him telling me. "Congrats" or "I am proud of you!" All a girl needs is a good bra!!

No comments:

Post a Comment