Friday, April 8, 2011

Beginning!

My sister Andrea's senior Pictures



Andrea's Best Friend
I have never blogged before and my writing sucks, so bear with me.

I started taking pictures back in 2004, they were my sister Andrea's senior pictures. I didn't think much about taking them. Then her best friend asked if i would take her also and i did. Not really a big deal. Then my little sister Megan got married and her best friend wanted her senior pictures taken also. So i guess i didn't see what i was doing that was so appealing, beside saving them hundreds of dollars.

I have also landed my sister Andrea's Wedding and a family shoot just this year before everything started falling into place.

Megan's Best Friend
Andrea's wedding
In the last year, I have done two weddings, two sets of family pictures and took several pictures of my nephew. Then it hit me, I could be putting myself out there and making some money. First i came up with a name, Revels (Reveals) Photography. I thought it was catchy and smart. I love play on words. When i am able i add a small line above the second (e) to give it that long e sound.

Megan's Wedding
Then next thing i had to do was make a price list. You would think that this would  have been easy, just low ball all the competition. It wasn't. I wanted to have a set number and detail. I wanted a complete package i guess. It took me a while to figure out something. I did researched and snooped on other photographer websites. I used bits and pieces of their prices list and came up with my complete lists.

Marketing was and is the hardest part about the whole situation. I created a website and a Facebook Fan Page. Then i needed some word of mouth ads. So i had my sisters and family start advertising for me. I made business cards and brochures. So int he last Three months i have booked 2 Family sessions, 3 Children, 1 Wedding and 1 Individual Portrait. With more inquiries everyday. All i can say is  it's only the "Beginning".













No comments:

Post a Comment